I do not charge for these reviews.
Please be sure to include the following information in your request e-mail:
- Book Title, Author, Genre.
- Any online links relevant to the book.
- A brief synopsis and preferably even a short representative chapter.
- Preferred date of completed review (to coincide with a launch?)
I have a very diverse taste when it comes to books. I'm happy to look at both fiction and non-fiction. If it helps you determine if your book is likely to be to my taste, here is a list of some of my favorite authors:
- Biographies - Depends on the person, but I enjoy them.
- Stephen King (thrillers, some paranormal elements, good fluff reads)
- Homer (ancient history, epics, Greek works)
- Robertson Davies (Dramas, memoirs, life stories)
- Frank Herbert (Sci-Fi, time travel, alternate worlds)
- Ayn Rand (Philosophical, opinion, allegory)
- Sir A. Conan Doyle (Sherlock level mysteries)
- Alexandre Dumas (Classics, epics)
- Jose Saramago (existential, quirky)
- Dan Brown (Fluff action, formulaic)
- Shakespeare (I'm at Stratford every year and open to plays)
- Graphic Novels (Big comic fan, will review these too if asked)
- Charles Dickens (Probably past the need for a review?)
- Many independent authors, (Nick Harkaway, Nerys Parry, Matt Ruff, Rachael Joyce, Amor Towles, Esi Edugyan, Ruth Walker, Nancy Richler and more).
As far as books I personally avoid, there are few, but please no "Twilight" or demon/werewolf vampire bodice rippers. Also please no fluffy feel-good books like "The Secret" or "Chicken Soup for the Soul." No pure poetry books either please. I'm a fan of Blake and several other poets, but prefer to review fiction and non-fiction please.
At the moment, I am not interested in reading anyone's draft or for proof reading. Only published (or pending publication/release) works please.
Please understand that I can not accept review requests where I am asked to purchase the book or pay for shipping. I get enough requests without having to have this process cost me money.
What you can expect from a review by "Smell The Book":
- An honest impression of your book, plot, possibly even writing style. You know, the "Smell" of the book!
- A review out of 10 stars.
- A link from my website to purchase the book.
- Book cover image posted with each review as allowed by the hosting website.
- The publishers "blurb" (the summary seen on most sale websites).
- Publisher, author and distributer links as well as page count, cost and personal thoughts and opinions about the book.
- The reviews are posted on this blog and also to Facebook, Chapters/Indigo, Amazon, Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads, Librarything, and Shelfari and sometimes my own personal websites.
If you would like to donate a single edition or several issues as a giveaway, please check here at the Giveaways page
Great site. Appreciate it! Thank you.ReplyDelete