badabing

A Tale of Two Cities
The Complete Short Stories
Fahrenheit 451
Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Navigators of Dune
End of Watch
The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights
Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights
Will in the World: How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare
King Henry VI, Part 3
King Henry VI, Part 2
Henry VI, Part 1
King Henry IV, Part Two
King Henry IV, Part 1
Richard II
The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
The Rosie Effect
On the Nature of Things
So Anyway


zzz

Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's been a great first full week of the completed online social network empire that is www.SmelltheBook.com and www.OttawaBookClub.com. I have been impressed and surprised by the level of help that fellow book-geeks and authors are willing to offer. I've never had followers on Twitter before, now I have 34 people hanging on my every word. I've made contacts and expanded my network to now include some published authors and some literary agents as well as some other book-bloggers. I've even made contact with a nice lady who runs the local Ottawa Writers Festival. I've got some interviews "in the can" and more accepted from authors who can complete the interview once I've finished their books (I like at least to have some of the interview questions to be customized and specific to their work). Who knew authors would be so agreeable to being interviewed by some small-time schmuck who loves books! It's been a great experience and it's still very early in the process. I've even got my first author interested in sending me their book for review!! I won't say who until it's confirmed, but it feels really good to see things moving forward.

I reserved the domain name www.OttawaBookClub.com this week and have it pointing directly to the Meetup site. Seems more professional for promoting than the long meetup URL. I've always felt the simple URL's were easier to remember, promote, and were more pleasing to the eye. The club is still near and dear to my heart but I actually had to miss my first ever monthly meeting due to a family dental emergency! Thanks to my unofficial second-in-command Caroline who took the reins and helped to keep the meeting going.

And now for the reading!! At the moment I'm still reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Dickens. And in the reading hopper I've got "Living Underground" by Ruth Walker so I can present her with the Interview. And the Book Club choice for next month is "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen but I've got a bit of time before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment